Wednesday 6 February 2013

Menswear AW13 trends London Fashion Week


Reinvented Classics
Feature by; 
Kate Keppel-Palmer.

I’ve always thought it’s easier to buy men’s clothes than it is to buy for myself.  Without hips to worry about and less in the thigh and bottom department the fit is just so much simpler.   Plus, on the whole, men are a decent height and as everyone knows, long legs are the holy grail when it comes to looking good in clothes.


I’ve had quite a bit of practice when it comes to buying men’s clothes as I married a man who’s wardrobe, in my view, needed work.  As someone who loves fashion it’s a job I set about with great gusto.  It was tricky to start with as he’s not in any sense of the word, a shopper but as I gradually moulded his tastes to match my own, I no longer needed him there to hold me back and I could shop with abandon!  The result is that he now has a wardrobe that turns me green with envy, with his lovely, baggy Knitwear from Albam and cool Nudie Jeans, a waxed coat from Paul Smith and handmade Lodger boots. 



January saw London kick start the menswear calendar with its biannual showcase of British brands. London Collections: Men was all about demonstrating the creativity and commercial importance of Britain’s menswear brands and our emerging fashion talent.  Freddie Saul, Kilver Court Brand Director, was at the shows and gave Margaret Howell and Oliver Spencer in particular the thumbs up reporting that AW13 heralds the rise of the simple, unstructured felt jacket.Orange as a key colour and .......fluro soled Brogues.


Felted wool, simplicity
 

Margaret Howell was the first brand to be stocked in the emporium and embodies the fashion that we love the most - simple, practical, wearable but with a quality of fabric and careful detailing that sets the wearer apart from the crowd.


Orange & Royal Blue Highlights.

see from Freddie's photo’s though that MargaretHowell showcased the beret this season... combined with those fluro soled brogues, it might be a tricky look to carry off.  I wonder if I can trial it on my husband ... Better not.  He might just decide he needs to revert to buying his own wardrobe and then where would I be?

Kate Keppel-Palmer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Visiting

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...