Thursday 5 September 2013

Mrs Handbag Gets Crabby

Well I’m afraid I’m writing this from my sick bed.
The aged body has finally succumbed to too much sun, too many emotional weddings, busy days at Kilver Court and definitely too much good food in this glorious English summer! What I thought was ‘wedding singer’s throat’ – far too much raucous joining in with the band at my lovely niece’s nuptials – turned into a vicious little virus that has floored me.

I just loved being given a hammer and a bib to eat my lunch!!

Still, it has given me time to reflect on the wonderful summer we are having - including some serious crab crunching over a lovely lunch with our best mates at The Crab House CafĂ© in Portland. This shot was taken by ‘The Londoner’ - Blog Queen extraordinaire (I can always reckon that if I’m doing something I shouldn’t Rosie will be there to get me on film) check out her blog if you want to see how the young, cool and seriously glamorous live...
This set us up nicely for our family trip to Tresco in the Isles of Scilly – and you’ll be pleased to see that Him Indoors really does support the Brands we have at Kilver...note the groovy Jack Wills shorts (could this be the first time someone with a Bus Pass is wearing their kit?!) worn with his Sunspel (aka outfitters to James Bond) polo shirt.
What Tresco is most famous for – white, white sand and crystal seas!

And so it was that the seafood theme continued -there’s nothing better than Tresco prawns fresh from the beach at low tide, thrown into hot garlic butter, rolled in parsley and eaten from the pan in the sun.

Another scrumptious deep sea feast with fresh lobster caught by Fred…check out these bad boys!

This weekend we’re off to the seaside again – Roger has been asked to ‘assist’ (note of skepticism here) in a cookery demonstration with none other than Mark Hix at the ‘Food Rocks’ festival in Lyme Regis on Saturday. Mark will be demonstrating something ‘spelt-related’ while Roger chats about our spelt journey...so come along and join us if you’re in the area (they’ll be doing their thing at 1pm!)

Cold spelt pasta and walnut salads; Sharpham walnut pesto; Fred’s spelt fougasse bread…hungry yet?
Here’s a feast I prepared once for Yottam Ottolengi (yep, huge name drop there) and yes, I really did cook this (apart from the fab bread which of course, was down to Fred) Happy Eating!!
Mrs Handbag xx

1 comment:

Thank you for Visiting

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...