Thursday 4 April 2013

Mrs Handbags’ Kitchen Nightmares…

Mrs Handbag Reports......
Feature by Monty Saul

How’s this for a true Gordon Ramsey moment..we had invited some friends for kitchen supper last night- all very casual with me cooking a ‘ready-mixed’ pumpkin speltotto and Him Indoors fast frazzling our white park fillet steak for on top, whilst chatting/drinking. 



I suddenly realized that the air was turning blue (not linguistically but quite literally). Earlier in the week, because of this relentless, bits-freezing weather, I had taken drastic action and put Clingfilm over the kitchen extractor vent to stop the constant Siberian gusts coming into the kitchen. Roger obviously turned it on to remove the smoke from the sizzling steak…I don’t think I need to explain any further?
 I then completely forgot the banana and raspberry spelt crumbles cooking in the aga, only to find them turned to a sort of charred tarmac confection – my brave guests declared them still delicious but a tad chewier than I would have liked.



As you can see from the pic (courtesy of Hello magazine) I do have my cooking moments –( note the second pair of specs on my head for added concentration).  This post is to give hope to all my fellow non-chefs out there – if I can cook with spelt, then anyone can!! Check out our Sharpham Pantry at KilverCourt for all the ‘Proper Chefs’  spelt recipes from Good Friday…



Ps would love to hear your own personal kitchen lash-ups…if only to make me feel better....monty@kilvercourt.com
Pps Lambing has started 


Montyx

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Visiting

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...