Sunday 3 March 2013

Travels with Mrs Handbag....from Kilver Court to Ghana


Fresh from the delights of Birmingham NEC Spring Fair, where I was busy seeking out new products for you, my trusty and discerning customer, (more details of what goodies to look out for at a later date) my next stop was Africa - Ghana to be precise...YAY! Heat...YAY! Sunshine!


Back in January, I hit a big birthday; very exciting and not half as depressing as I'd expected, mainly down to being utterly spoilt by family and friends alike.

Roger has always been amazing at surprises for me - think alpacas, peacocks and a harpsichord for past birthdays and you start to get the flavour. So after opening a box containing purple-lined Hunter Wellies (sexy or what?), he then gave me 12 envelopes, with a month of the year written on each one.

'January' contained a promise to re-instate our dancing lessons with Cedric, our brilliant salsa teacher. I loathe gyms/keep fit, but an hour with Cedric is the best and most gruelling work out anyone can do. Hmmmm, must dig out the dancing shoes - can I feel a visit to L.K.Bennett coming on? But I digress...



February's massive treat was a trip to Ghana with Reg, one of Roger's oldest friends to visit his home and family. So, before I wax lyrical about Ghana's superb beaches, stunningly beautiful women and relaxed, welcoming atmosphere, let’s talk luggage, or more precisely what does Mrs Handbag carry all her 
gubbins in? 

Header flower via /pinterest.com1.2. www.flickr.com/photos 3. Photograph www.afrikangoddess.com
We are still using our two favourite Scotchgrain trolley bags by Mulberry, first put into use by us as sample tests in 2000  on a trip to Uganda (13 years hard labour - not bad going). However, the bag that goes over my shoulder and carries all my vital travel bits – passport, pashmina, Kindle and hand cream - yet is still glamorous enough to double as an evening bag is my much loved Bottletop Bellani bag.  Its rainbow colours go with absolutely everything, plus I sail through passport control because the officials are so busy admiring it! 


So Ladies check out our Bottletop selection at Kilver Court Designer Village when looking for a bag that really 'works', plus you have the added feel-good factor that the proceeds are going back to small, grass roots projects that help prevent teenage pregnancy and AIDs..the most useful handbag you will ever buy or give (they make great 'special' birthday/mother’s day prezzies)...

Talk soon....xMonty

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness you have a blog....so super duper!
    I am a Dorset Daisy....and know Kilver court well, "too well" my other half says!
    I am now waiting with baited breath to know what was in march's envelope..... spill the beans.....?
    Bestest to you and yours
    Daisy J

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Visiting

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...